Monday, January 4, 2010

Recap: My trip to the US and my Birthday.

I've been meaning to write for - well since I got back to Israel - I've just been too busy to finish the piece I've been working on. Well, instead of putting it off any longer, I'll combine the two I need to write and make them one (much shorter) post.

For those of you who I saw while I was in the US for a week, and those who I didn't see - most of you know that I had my interview at Yeshiva University. I had already been accepted to the Azrieli School of Education for my masters, but now I had my interview for RIETS (Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary) - where one goes to become a Rabbi.

It was a grueling exam, but it appears I passed and was accepted to the school. So, Naomi and I will be moving to New York in August so I can start my Graduate Degrees and will give Naomi time to finish her's.

Afterwards, I met my Dad, Bethany, some other friends (including Yoni, the groom of the wedding I was coming in for) for the Phish concert in Philly. My favorite band, just happens to be playing Philly the one night I happen to be spending there... coincidence? It was my 13th time seeing them (I can tell you the dates of each one) since 1997. Wow, that was 12 years ago? Geez.

After Phish, we flew to Cincinnati to spend time in Dwyersville for Thanksgiving. It was awesome seeing so much family there, even though I was only there for 40(?) hours. I zipped in and zipped out, but it was worth it.

I flew, Friday morning (after a quick stop at Best Buy for Black Friday sales), to LaGuardia in NYC so I could get to Queens for Shabbat. Yoni's wedding was that Sunday and I was going to spend the weekend with him and my former roommates from my UMD years. It's the first time we were all together since, maybe Naomi and my wedding, but either way it's been a while. It was a blast. We went out for steak after Shabbat was over Saturday night. The wedding was in Long Island and it was great. Saw a ton of other friends I haven't seen in years, and the best part was - I was able to be there when one of my best friends got married.

I flew back to Israel monday and by Tuesday afternoon, I was right back into the swing of things.

Okay, on to my Birthday. It was a low key affair, after my surprise party two years ago, I don't really need to do anything for it. Naomi and I went out for Ice Cream that night, and came back and watched a movie. It was perfect. She, my parents, and her's came together and bought my a new tallit - this one has a silver atarah (head piece "crown") that is beautiful. I hope the picture does it justice.


Thanks for all the birthday wishes from everyone else, it was nice to get them.

No comments: