Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Our midnight adventure

Late last night while helping Naomi prepare for Rosh Hashana, I cut myself pretty badly on my left index finger. The emergency medical facility here in Efrat closes at 12am so we struck out there and ended up having to go to this medical center in Jerusalem near the central bus station. The doctor there was pretty funny after telling me that it would be three weeks until I'm back to normal he told Naomi that I shouldn't wash dishes for six months. For a minute he had her.

Today I got my prescribed meds and a sling costing me only 47 shekels - about $10. I expect that it would have cost me 10 times that in the states. Naomi was so worried, but I'll be fine it just bled a lot and I'm sure that I'll be in pain for awhile.

I need to publicly thank Michael who drove us last night at 12:30 and didn't get home until 3:30 without complaining in the least. What a mentsch.

(Typing with one hand is much harder than it looks)

No comments: